- Chrome will block Netscape plug-in API (NPAPI) from Jan 2014
- Silverlight, Java (currently blocked), Google Earth + more will be blocked to address security and stability issues.
- Creating a component library – Nathan Curtis’s slide deck
- The future of CSS – Solved by Flexbox
- Examples of inconsistencies in iOS 7’s clock app
- Some interesting UI-related js – Focus transition and rainyday.js
- Not sure what Cloud and Azure is all about? Have a look at Scott Hanselman’s glossary
- Mad Kristensen’s best practices: Web Developer Checklist
- Reddit – 1 Billion views a month: lessons learnt summary (scroll to the bottom of the link for the summary)
– Stop Doing Internet Wrong <Scott Hanselman> – Agreed; I don’t want to install your app, please give me the web version 🙂
– 5 More Things Deadly to Scalability <Sean Hull>
– Microsoft Office arrives for iOS – looks to be only the US store at this stage
– jQuery.each vs for loop – Don’t you just love micro-optimization comparisons
– 3 Tips for New Scrum Masters <Mike Cohn>
You can find an interesting video here on how Yashwanth Nelapati and Marty Weiner helped grow Pinterest and the lessons they learned.
What are they using now? Amazon EC3 + S3, MySQL, Redis, Memcache, Sharding.
Key lesson? Keep it simple!